To apply, please send a brief letter indicating the details of your request by September 1. Letters are gathered throughout the year and reviewed in November for the following year. Award decisions are made in January.
The Gasser Foundation is committed to the wellbeing of Napa County – its people and places. The foundation supports programs which enhance quality of life and sustain the environment. Only organizations exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and those eligible for tax-deductible support, can receive Gasser Foundation grants. Further, these organizations must be located in and serve Napa County and cannot be supported primarily by governmental funding.
Currently, special consideration is given to applications that provide basic services such as food, shelter, and healthcare to those in our population who are most in need. Other fields of interest include: the arts, education, employee training, health and human services, sustainability, and the environment.
The foundation generally will consider proposals for:
- Capital and one-time expenses, such as purchase or replacement of equipment, remodeling, or rehabilitation of facilities. New construction or expansion will be considered in very limited circumstances;
- Infrastructure improvements, such as technology enhancements or accommodations for people with disabilities.
The foundation generally will not consider:
- Tax supported entities or endowments;
- Projects outside of Napa County;
- Families or Individuals;
- Sports sponsorships.
The foundation will not consider:
- Political causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns;
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation.
Please submit all letters of interest to:
Peter A. & Vernice H. Gasser Foundation
Joseph G. Peatman, President
433 Soscol Avenue, Suite A-120
Napa, CA 94559